Qualifications & Work Experience
- 2016-2018 Chairman ACBS (Association for Contextual Behavioral Science) Chapter of SA
- 2016-2017 Organised Acceptance and Commitment therapy worskhops in South Africa by Dr. Robyn Walser and Dr. Darrah Wetsrup.
- 2016-2018 Head facilitator of ACT peer supervision in Gauteng.
- 2015 Presented at the Child Trauma Conference at Unisa. Title: Acceptance and Mindfulness and the treatment of trauma in teenagers.
- 2015 Attended ACBS World Conference in Berlin and did pre-conference workshop.
- 2014 Attended and did poster presentation at ACBS World Conference Minneapolis as well as attended pre-conference workshop.
- 2013 Acceptance and Commitment Therapy workshop
- 2010 – now: Private Practice in Die Withuis, Centurion
- 2008- 2017: Head of Wellness: Hoërskool Centurion
- 2007-2008 MA Counselling Psychology, University of Pretoria
Internship Counselling Psychologist (University of Pretoria)
- 2006 Psychology Practical Placements: Stabilis Rehabilitation Centre
Itsoseng Clinic Mamelodi
- 2005 B.SocSci Hons Psychology (University of Pretoria)
Theory and Paradigms
- 1997 BSc Hons (Northwest University)
- 1996 BSc Physics (Northwest University
How I Work
I facilitate conversations where individual clients or couples get the opportunity to understand why some cycles of effort to get liberated from emotional challenges do not work, and even worse, why their efforts sometimes aggravate the situation. Through a process of committed action clients may become more emotionally aware of their own processes which could enhance intentional living with more meaning despite challenges.I know from experience that certain Christian clients prefer to see only a Christian psychologist. As I am a Christian I would gladly assist them.
I have been working with teenagers and adults in and out of my private practice in a wide variety of contexts such as Sport Codes, High Schools, Universities, Rehabilitation Centres, Clinics and Corporate institutions.
I facilitate processes with individuals, couples and groups on a wide variety of issues such as
Feeling down or Depressed